Saturday, January 8, 2011

Preparations Continue (or "How to Do a Million Things and Accomplish Zilch")

Preparations continue... (adult language warning on the link there)

So we're at that stage of the game where we make lists.  And lists.  And lists, lists, lists, lists!

List to the left! List to the right!  Stand up! Sit down! Fight, fight, fight!

Lists of lists to be listfully listed while listening to Liszt.  Things to do and things to buy.  Things to find and things to pack.

At some point, I guess I'll post our packing list for posterity, but since it is still under development, I wouldn't want to make anyone think that it's ready for prime time.

One of the families that is tentatively in our travel group (we have a secret email exchange underway even though the adoption agency hasn't officially announced who is in our travel group yet) asked for those of us who previously adopted from China to impart some of our Travel Wisdom tm.

I went back through all of the journals that we kept from our 2004 trip only to discover that I had not properly performed an After Action Review.  Silly me.  So, lessons learned:

  • Lesson #1, keep track of your lessons learned.  
  • Lesson #2, most people giggle like first graders when you say, "Number Two."  See.  My point exactly.  
  • Lesson #3, keep track of your lessons learned.  Oh wait, that was lesson #1...  
Anyway, I'll need to make another post of lessons learned so that the world will be a better place from our wisdom.  I'll add that to my "to do" list...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddaya got somethin' ta say???